The district wishes to share certain important board policies and other information with students, parents, staff, and our community. Some notifications are required by New York State Law.
Important Board Policies:
Other Important Information:
- To report a concern, rumor, bullying incident, or any safety issue in our schools anonymously and confidentially, 24 hours a day, call the Horseheads Central School District Safe Schools Line at 795-2044 or 1-800-305-4984.
- To report child abuse or neglect, contact the New York State Office of Children and Family Services: 1-800-342-3720 or http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/cps/.
- Emergency Closings/Delays
- Pesticide Notification
- Notification of Rights Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Notices: APPR, Teacher Qualifications, Dignity for All Students Act, ChildFind, Nondiscrimination, Section 504, Homeless Students/Students in Temporary Housing
Homeless Students/Students in Temporary Housing Notice:
Children and youth in temporary housing have the right to:
- Stay in the same school and get free transportation even if it is across district lines
- Immediately enroll in school without records (school, medical, or vaccination records, proof of residency)
- Get special education services immediately if the student has a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Participate fully in any school activities, including before- or after-school activities
- Get support services and help with things like school supplies through Title I
- Get free school meals without filling out an application
- Get help enrolling in pre-k, Head Start, other preschool programs, and Early Intervention
- Get help applying for financial aid for college if the student is an unaccompanied youth
- For assistance, please contact the Horseheads Central School District Director of Student Services at (607) 739-5601, x4300.